Rob Lainton Biography

Name :
Rob Lainton

Nationality :
English

Date of Birth :
12/10/1989

Height :
6' 1" (185cm)

Weight :
12st 6lbs (79.0kg)

Squad Number :
26

Position :
Goalkeeper

Rob Lainton joined Bolton Wanderers' academy at the U15 level and has since progressed through to the first-team level, via the U18s and Reserve sides.

Born in Hyde, Lainton was considered as the third choice goalkeeper for the 2010/11 season behind Jussi Jaaskelainen and Adam Bogdan.

The young stopper got his first taste of action in a Bolton Wanderers matchday squad in the Barclays Premier League in the away fixture at Arsenal, acting as substitute goalkeeper with Jaaskelainen suspended.

Working his way up through the ranks, Lainton believes that it is a dream come true to be involved with a Premier League club.

He said: "When I came to the club in the youth team then it was the level I aspired to. When you are training on one pitch and see the big names on the other then you want to one day be over there.

"Now it's great that I'm actually there and the lads are great with me too because they treat me as part of the group.

"Hopefully I can continue as I have been doing."

Lainton is expected to be at Bolton Wanderers for the forseeable future having signed a new two-year contract in March 2011, keeping him at the Reebok until the summer of 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment